Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our boy started kindergarten! wwhhahhhhh!!! :(

I had to add the dramatic crying in there b/c it was a very emotional weekend for his mommy. Grant started kindergarten on Tuesday and boy oh boy was he ready! he's been ready since the day after pre-school stopped. He decided to ride the bus the first day instead of me taking him so here are some pics I took of him before his big day. We took a really cute pic of Grant and I that morning but because you can totally see the tears in my eyes so that pic won't be shown. A little bit of my sadness I'm sure is knowing that if my mom was still here she would have been over here bright and early taking pics of her boy starting school. I can remember many mornings where she would go to my brothers house to catch my niece and nephew getting on the bus. That's one of the little things I hate my kids will miss from my mom.



So far I've learned that in kindergarten you have 2 recess', play bingo, and the first day they broke a pinata and they were able to eat lunch in their room. LOL Makes me feel good I'm paying the school for all the fun stuff! :)

The only real problem we've had since Grant has started school is Gracie SCREAMING when he gets on the bus b/c she would like to go to school too and ride the "bbuuu" . Yesterday she was kicking and screaming to ride the bus. Yelling "Me Bu Me Bu" ...she can't say her "S' sound yet but by golly she was going to be heard she wanted to ride it...ha! How cute is that? I'll have to catch a picture to add to her baby book of her screaming while Grant gets on the bus. That will be a nice reminder when she gets older.








Typical Grant shot! Rolling his eyes!!
Watching for the bus.
Getting on the bus!

***If the pics are to small for you click on the pic and it'll show a bigger pic!
I

1 comments:

Lori said...

YAY! Rhonda posted again! Whee-haw! I loved the story about Grant starting school - and I had to go and tell the kids about Grant starting school and Gracie saying "Me bu Me bu!" They both said "Awwww." Hugs from us all !