Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What's your routine?

Do you have one? I know with school starting and schedules becoming more consistent that if I have a routine there is less yelling, arguing, and last minute running around to get things done before the kids rush off to the bus.

This yr it's been different for us because now both of my little ones are off to school. I'll admit it's running more smooth then I ever imagined. My daughter is the type that you NEVER know how she'll wake up. Great mood or horrible...you just never know.

What are some of the things you do to make your mornings run better?

Here are just a few things I try to do to make our mornings better.

1.) Bags are ALWAYS packed the night before so in the morning they are ready to go. Makes the last minute panic of forgetting something just disappear.

2.) Either have clothes laid out and ready to go or have the options laid out for the kids to pick. My son is pretty consistent on what he wears. He would actually wear the same five outfits each week if I'd let him. My daughter likes the idea of getting to choose. It makes it more of a game for her. If she gets a choice she is also gaining a little bit more responsibility.

3.) Keep breakfast simple. This yr a friend suggested making muffins in advance and tossing them in the freezer. I used to make a big production of breakfast and try to make it to fancy. Now we ask the night before what is for breakfast and have it ready when I wake them up. My daughter isn't much of a breakfast eater and we are trying to change that but for now a muffin and milk does the trick for her and I know that belly of hers is full when she gets on the bus.

0 comments: