Thursday, March 15, 2012

A challenge

So we are just a little over 2 months away from my birthday....my 35th birthday. Sounds unreal that I could be at 35...didn't I just graduate from high school? WOW. I'm in a spot in my life where I need some change. I'm feeling a little bit like the old hag now when we go places. Not cool, out of shape, blah blah blah. Why is it the older we get the more head games our poor mind plays on us.

I stumbled upon a blog this past week where the girl was 2 weeks out from her birthday and gave herself a birthday challenge. Her goals were simple but challenging as they were supposed to be. That is when I decided that I needed to do one b/c we've got a busy summer ahead of us and lots of weddings to attend. Which means lots of dress up time and who doesn't love a little dress up time. So from today forward until May 22nd I'm commiting myself to a challenge. I'm hoping that by doing the challenge that long I just form new habits to keep me in line to continue the things I worked during this time. I'm still pulling ideas and figuring out what I wanna do..first challenge is NO MORE FOUNTAIN COKES. Now for anyone who knows me this will be a hard one. This morning instead of getting a coke I made a smoothie. YUM!!

Smoothie Recipe

1-2 Bananas ( I used 2 but will be cutting back next time)
1/2 -3/4 cup of two different kinds of fruit (last night I used raspberries & peach)
handful and a half of spinach
water (amount varies depending on how thin you want it)

Blend in blender.

You can use whatever fruit you have available. It can be fresh or frozen. I've been told if you want your smoothie super cold just use the frozen fruit instead of throwing some ice cubes in there. The color my not look to fabulous to drink but you won't be sorry. My daughter thought this was the coolest thing ever and gulped it down.

So I've already replace one coke I usually have in the morning. Baby steps...that's what I just keep repeating.....Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it!

0 comments: