Monday, May 5, 2008

My newest craft!

So I'm now considering myself "someone who sews" I'm am SO PROUD of myself. (Patting myself on the back) :)

With everyone and everything around us "going green" I wanted to do my part. A friend of mine (thanks betsy) posted this on a craft forum and I fell IN LOVE with them. She swore I could do these even though I hadn't sewed a whole lot. I know my basics and that's about it. So I decided a few weeks back to buy the material. It sat on my counter for a few weeks then it made its way to my "sewing" room. Then this past weekend my sister said she was going to try to make one. So I decided it was time. That way we could compare notes and I'd have her help if I needed. Well when I called her all ready to go she had just got her sewing machine set up. So I attempted things on my own but warned my sister I'd be calling back with help along the way. I might add that some of the things I called about even confused my sister and she has sewn for years. After about 6 phones calls (sorry sis-ha) I FINISHED a project. I made my very own CLOTH Grocery bag to cut back on my usuage of plastic bags. :) My husband AND brother-in-law think it'd be easier to spend a dollar and buy the wal-mart ones but I think these are WWAAYYYY cooler! :) I'd like to set shop up and actually sell these at some point. But for now I'll take orders and hopefully by the fall have a craft booth lined up somewhere.




Here's a shot of the inside and what it can hold. I still had room left! And even though the stuff was heavier stuff it didn't make your arm hurt like the plastic ones do!

1 comments:

Lori said...

You are soooo cool! I don't even TRY to sew ... I just know I'd sew my finger to the material somehow.
That bag is fantastic and I'm "green" (get it?) with envy!