Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pantry meal #1

Ok so the last few nights we've had dinner with leftover Easter food and then one night I wasn't home to cook so last night was the first night I've had a chance to fix food from the pantry. Simple and quick was the objective b/c Grant had baseball from 5-6:30 in one town and Gracie had dance from 5-6 in another. So since a crock pot meal wasn't planned ahead I had to do a throw together later in the evening.

Meatloaf "muffins"
Baked beans
Chips
Yogurt

Meatloaf Muffins

2 pounds hamburger
4 eggs
3/4 sleeve of saltine crackers
2 tbsp minced onion

Mix together and shape into balls small enough to fit into a muffin pan. They can be heaping. Throw into the oven at 375 degrees for approx. 30 minutes or until brown inside. I always cut one open to double check the inside.

Makes one tray. We had about 5 leftover last night so I just tossed them in the fridge for leftovers for my husband's lunch. This would be great to make ahead and throw into the freezer.


It was a quick and easy dinner!

0 comments: