Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Whew!

Wow...what a weekend. I'm in the midst of recovering from a long Christmas weekend. What a great weekend it was....but I ask...Why in the world do all toys have to be securely fastened to the boxes they come in by 1400 little twistie ties, clamps, etc etc. I mean really....I know they are worried about people stealing stuff out of the boxes but come on....the excitement is gone by the time the toy actually gets out of the box. Not to mention how many times I'm going to have to stop sweeping in order to pluck yet another clear twistie tie out of my sweeper. Maybe they will all be picked up by I don't know....next Christmas. They lurk in corners until you put your sweeper away and then BAM! I find more or should I say my sweeper finds more.

Now the thoughts linger on when I'm taking the Christmas stuff down...I'm sad about doing so. Once everything is packed away things go back to normal. Which isn't bad of course, but the "excitement" of the holidays is gone.

So now it's time to focus on the new yr and all the many resolutions that we will all break by the 2nd of January. Remember last week I said I'm just making goals...no resolutions. My list is already piling up with ideas. Getting into better shape, cooking healthier meals, having more patience with my kids, taking more time for myself....oh the list goes on and on. What's on your list for next yr?

0 comments: