Monday, January 28, 2008

My kids...born comedians.

For anyone who really knows my family they will know that my children are surrounded by entertainers. We all have quite the personalities and love a good laugh on a daily basis. So my children were bound to have it in them. So here are two funny stories that I thought I'd share.

Story #1

My son is into EVERYTHING all the time. Even at 5 yrs old he's never quite gotten over the whole I need to have my nose in everything stage. He wants to know how everything works, what things are on the ground, he picks up and has to touch everything. So really when this incident happened it didn't surprise. We all went to Fort Wayne to pick out a kitchen for Gracie for her birthday. Well as we were getting out of the vehicle Grant sits directly behind me on my side and Gracie on the other so I jump out of the Durango and then turn around and put my foot on the running board so that I can tie my show. I see Grant get out and bend down and look something on the ground. Then I hear him "eew gross" and I see him throw something back on the ground. I immediately shut my door and ask him what h was doing and if he had picked up a cigarette butt that was laying on the ground not to far from him. He looked at me and said, "yes I did.....I thought it was a white crayon." LOL Ok seriously...apparently my son is so desperate for a white crayon he's willing pick up a nasty cigarette butt to get one. He's a NUT!

Story #2

Anybody that knows Gracie they know the way to her heart is food. She will eat non-stop if you let her. SO the other day she was walking in the kitchen and over to the kitchen door and by the door we had a bird feeder sitting on the couch b/c when Grant had made it in preschool it was wwaaayyyy to cold to hang it up so we left it right there so the minute it got warm enough would go hang it. Well Gracie ran a crossed it and I caught her carrying it around trying to bite through the ziplock bag it was in to eat. Did I mention it happened to be made out of a bagel, peanut butter, and bird seed. LOL She just saw the bagel I'm sure and went for it. So needless to say that when I go hang it up this week it'll be missing a bite from it.

1 comments:

Robin said...

Great job on all your postings!

Your kids are comedians, kinda like Matt and Meg's! For those of you who don't know, Rhonda's kids and my kids are alike. Even though my two are 18 and 22 now, I can see things her kids do that mine did and can't wait to see what they do next! lol