Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Sad day for Grant.

Ok so I've been on quite a few fieldtrips with Grant os far this year and I volunteer every week at his school. If you asked Grant if he has a girlfriend he screams NO STOP IT. lol SO I'm guessing there is some crushing going on somewhere. He has Abby, but when kindergarten started there was yet another that comes out of the woodwork and practically falls over herself when she sees him. IT IS ADORABLE!

Well the sad part was we found out that the little girl is getting ready to go back and live with her Mom. SHe has been in a training school in the Navy so being a single Mom she couldn't be with her. So she has been staying with her Grandma. Well whenever the little girk sees me she comes a running. I love working with her. During the last two field trips she has even asked to sit with Grant and I on the bus. They tickle each other and giggle til they are blue in the face...lol Yesterday the little girl was pretending to be hiding from grant under jacket and leaning against me she got cozy enough to fall asleep! Bless her little heart.

SO tomorrow is this little girls last day. Grant start making all these pictures for her and told me it was her last day. He brought tears to my eyes when he said he was going to miss her so much. Now I'm thinking GGEESSSHHH ALREADY!! My kindergarten brought me to tears about a little friend of his moving. So i got on the phone and called her grandma with whom she lives with and was able to get her new address and promised that I would send some pictures to her soon! That cheered Grant up already and he already has a stack of plans to send to her. Pictures, stickers, you name it he wants to send it to her. He even said that when she comes back to see her grandma he wants to see her. I know in a few years they might not even keep in touch but for now they are both so excited to become "pen pals" I'm excited for Grant and he learns about this new adventure. Here is a picture of the two on one of our last fieldtrips. As you can tell she's a little smitten by him. :)


1 comments:

Megan said...

Aww, they look so adorable!!

By the way, I actually don't have a picture of the four SS girls together so if you could email me one, I'd be grateful!

I don't know if you have my email, but it's megvanbuskirk@aim.com.

Love ya!