Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Sign of Fall

This time of year just really brings a smile to my face. I LOVE the sound of the dryer. Not the hair dryer, the clothes dryer, but the CORN dryer. When I get up out of bed and walk out to my kitchen I can hear the hum of the dryer and I know it's harvest season. Well this past week they started testing the fields to see what was ready to be harvested and they did there first set of end rows of corn and some beans. Last night was the first night of full blown harvest season. Hubby came home after work to announce he was going to be in the grain cart. Well that was all he needed to say. Grant wanted to go and b/c Gracie is completely obsessed in what her bg brother does she wanted to tag along as well. So I got the kids around and ran them down to the tractor where he was waiting for them in the field. This first shot is one of my favorites from harvest seasons. The smiles on their faces shows their excitement! Gracie still wasn't sure at this point if she should love the tractor or be afraid of it.



Getting settled in the tractor!


Waiting in the field for the combine to come around.

Here are the trucks waiting to be filled with beans!

Here comes the combine. Look at that dust..yep...that's the dust that will give my allergies a run for the money this harvest season. OH JOY! :)

And last but not least...this is the few from my side yard. The dryer sits nestled in between on the bins. Look at the clouds....we've got some fierce fall weather heading are way. Today the high is only 56! BBURRR!!! Oh as Miss Gracie says.... "bbbuurrr I cold"


1 comments:

Robin said...

I miss Indiana in the fall! I love when it starts getting cooler and then...oh yea, I fly back to Vegas!

Love you! :-)