Sunday, January 3, 2010

The first week of the year....

So today starts the first full week of the new year. Today for me is the day when I start getting things organized for the new year. It's almost like today starts the new year for me. Last year I did really well for awhile with my weekly meal plans so I've decided to try it again this year. Tonight I'll work on my meal plans and post later tonight for the week. I've already got a roast in the crock pot now! Meal planning is just one way to help me be more organized.

My son starts back to school tomorrow...so we'll get organized tonight about what is in store for the week. He swears he isn't ready to go back but I'm guessing once he gets settled in tomorrow he'll be excited for the new year. I know I'm not looking forward to getting up at 6:30. :( It's been nice sleeping in til 7:30.

Another goal of mine for the new year is simply trying to slow down. It seems like I'm always so scattered. I'm going to try and cut on things and try to enjoy like a little more. Spend more time doing nothing but hanging with my kids. That's really important...and also trying to get just "ME" time. Last year I did a few things for myself but honestly it just wasn't enough. I wanna get back to doing the things I love.

Gotta get back to putting Christmas stuff away. UGH!

0 comments: